January 12, 2011

Matinee

Windy and cool today.  The high was about 67 degrees.  Break out the winter clothes.
Actually, we had a V-berth matinee.  Complete with popcorn.  I think I'll build a shelf in there for the computer.  We also have cable TV here, and we watch that occasionally on the computer.



Usually, when we watch TV or a movie, we drop the dining room table down to make a couch in the family room, and then we set the computer on the counter in the kitchen, but it's good to have a TV in the bedroom as well.
 
It's going to be cool again tomorrow, so I think we might drive down to Key West.  Maybe I can find a shelf for the V-berth.

Here's an email I received from my pal Bruce Berner up in Indiana where the tall corn grows.  (I tried to post it as a "comment", but couldn't add his photo.)

Tom,
Sounds like Tonic is off on another great adventure. I would , however, be remiss if I did not offer the following observations to make your trip safer and more pleasant.
1 Florida is the sediment trap of the Eastern United States (Southern California takes care of everything west of the Rockies), therefore the Keys is that little wing nut drain thingy on the bottom. If someone from Indiana has settled there, it's only that they are waiting to be purged.
2 Mature Multi Vitamin does not refer to the user, it is merely a description of the product. Kind of like a good, aged Bordeaux wine, mature, full bodied and rich. (This is what I tell myself every morning when I take mine)
3 Real men lip Barracudas just like they do largemouths, no mechanical jaw thingy.
4 Beware of alligators. They are moving northward and are becoming more aggressive. I spotted this one in the back yard while shoveling snow. (See attached photo evidence)
Have a fun trip and stay away from the drain cock.
Bruce 



No comments:

Post a Comment