January 21, 2011

News from Home

Very hot and humid here today.  A little rain this morning, then I took off in the dinghy up into the Everglades National Park to do some fishing.  So far, fishing has been great.  Catching not so great.  The boundary for the park is only about a mile NOrth of us.  Even though I'm only catching small fish, it still beats shoveling sNOw.

That was a screened-in porch before the ice and snow.

Our daughter called this afternoon to tell us that one of her friends saw on TV that there was a house fire on our street at home.  I looked on the internet, and saw a news video and determined it was not ours.  The house is the sixth house down from us.  Belongs to a very nice 85 year old retired doctor.  I called Jake who lives next door to me, and asked him if he knew anything. (He was at his office.) He found it unusual that I would be sitting on my boat in the Florida Keys and know more about what's going on in our neighborhood at home than he did.  This is the third house fire on our street of about 15 homes.  Apparently, the fire hydrants near the house were frozen. 


http://www.wthr.com/story/13885716/crews-fight-house-fire-in-noblesville

No comments:

Post a Comment