January 15, 2011

sNOw Gators

A few days ago, my pal Bruce sent me a photo of an alligator he had uncovered while shoveling sNOw in Indiana.  He indicated that gators now are being found further NOrth.  Bruce sometimes has a tendency to exaggerate, but today, I received confirmation of his story.  My daughter sent me this photo of a sNOw gator she found in her backyard.  She says they're somewhat lethargic when the temps are below 20 degrees.


We went out in the dinghy today, and I pretended to be fishing while watching the catamaran regatta.  I've done a little sailing, but never on a Hobie Wave.  I'm not sure that this is the preferred method.

 The boat that is towing the Wave, is an old Hobie 16 with a 25 hp outboard motor and center console mounted on it. 


We had 11 new boats join us in the marina yesterday.  It's mostly full.  There is one slip open close to us for Phil and Cathie on "Buddy".  Another Rosborough like ours.  We met them last year in Marathon.  They're also sailors gone bad.  I think they will arrive Monday.  The new people in the slip next to us trailered their 27' Sea Ray down here from the U.P. in Michigan.  Two thousand miles.

I've re-done the home theater with a shelf.  Now we can stretch out our feet under the shelf.  Deluxe.

1 comment: