January 31, 2011

Pink

A few days ago, I mentioned that I used my old cowboy skills to lasso a piling.  My cousin from Miami emailed us this photo of me from my early cowboy days.

Took the dinghy several miles up into the Everglades National Park today to do some fishing.  Had some shrimp left over from yesterday's reef excursion and figured maybe I could find a redfish or snook--but no luck.  I did see several sharks cruising around beside my rubber boat, but couldn't get them to bite.  Probably just as well, Pam thought there might be a problem bringing a shark aboard a rubber boat.  Besides, I still have a scar on my ankle from the shark bite couple of years ago.

We did find some pink birds today.  Two Roseate Spoonbills were on a mangrove island.




There's some good sized boats here in this marina.  Today, I was talking to the dock master, and he told me they were waiting on a rather large boat to arrive.  The depth here inside the marina is five feet.  This boat (a power cruiser) draws six feet.  So they're hiring a diver to meet them in the ocean near the entrance to Snake Creek.  The diver will remove their props, and then SeaTow will tow them to their slip here.  They must REALLY want to be here.  It hasn't arrived by 6:00 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment