January 9, 2013

Pam's new captain

We went over to our neighbors Monk 36 yesterday evening for cocktails (and iced tea).  They are the folks who were in Islamorada last year the same time as us.  They are doing the loop.  Their voyage was interrupted last year for some health issues, but they're back at it now. 

The TV weather guessers said it would be 86 degrees today.  I thought it was a little chilly while I was out fishing--maybe only 84 or 85.

I left Pam at the dock while I went fishing today.  There's a guy doing some repair work on some condo stuff here, and when his wife goes to work, she drops off their son Daniel for his dad to watch.  Pam has been talking with Daniel, and has even invited him on our boat.  I guess it's her grandkid fix.


Fishing today was excellent.  I went up near Stump Pass, and drifted across the flats.  The flats are about 18 inches deep, and covered with grass.  The wind blew me along, and I was standing up in the dinghy.  I drifted up on top of several redfish that saw me before I saw them.  I finally anchored near some mangroves, and ended up catching 5 or 6 redfish, several jacks, some sheepies, a barricuda, and some others.


I even caught a snook.

It's a challenge getting photos with the fishcam.  I have to hold the fish, find the remote control, and push the appropriate button to snap a photo.  The fishcam is mounted on a piece of PVC on the back of the dinghy, and I'm never sure if it's taking photos, videos, or nothing at all.  Today, some dummy put the camera in it's holder upside down, so all the photos had to be flipped.

2 comments:

  1. Did you figure out who that dummy was ???

    The devil made me ask. LOL

    Bill Kelleher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you are enjoying yourself again. One of these years, we hope to make the trek from CT and get out of the cold. What is the chair that you guys use in the dink and how do you fasten it down so it is removeable? Mim has back issues and we need something like that.

    Jim RF246 North Star

    ReplyDelete