January 20, 2013

Lucky hat


I'm not superstitious.  However, I will not go fishing again without my lucky hat.  Yesterday was cool and windy.  I fished in my secret spot for several hours, and didn't see a fish.  I left Pam by the pool to enjoy the free beer, while I wore out my casting arm.  Nothing.
To make matters worse, one of the guides broke on my favorite pole, and my favorite Stradic reel fell apart.  I was able to repair the reel, but the rod will need to wait until I get home. I brought a back-up rod.

Today, I went out in the morning before the IU game.   Saw lots of redfish.  Another boat was anchored in my secret spot and the three guys on board were catching my redfish.  I was able to connect with a gold spoon.


I know I said I wouldn't post fish photos, but when all I do is fish, there's not much else.  
The video from the fishcam can be found here
Notice how the redfish pulled the dinghy around

Tomorrow, Don and Michelle Argay are coming over to see us.  We fish.  They chat. 
Don thinks I'm going to take him to my secret redfish spot.



1 comment: