January 25, 2013

A day at the beach

 A day at the beach is not always "a day at the beach."
When the redfish are biting--and I'm catching them like I have been, there's only two kinds of days for me.  "Fishing" or "Not Fishing."  The latest fish cam video from yesterday can be found here.  (No Dawg, I will not be mooning the fishcam.)

We went to the beach today. Instead of fishing.

We also went to Walmart, CVS, and the bait shop.  Earlier in the week, I took my favorite rod to the guy at the bait shop to see if he could fix it.  I was worried that the cost of repairs might be more than the rod was worth.  He had to put a new eye on it and repair some of the other eyes.  I got it back today. He charged $4.50. 


We went to Don Pedro Beach again.  Found more sharks teeth.  There's a small dock on the ICW side of the beach.  When we got there, we tied our dinghy next to a Rosborough like ours.  As we were leaving, the owner was on board.  He told us his name was Vern Cheek, and he taught at Purdue for 41years.  We talked to him anyway.  He was smart enough to leave Indiana, and now lives in Punta Gorda.  He travels with his boat a lot.

There is a "go-fast" boat tied up next to us in our marina.  Three motors.  Here's a photo.

I couldn't agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment