January 16, 2013

More fishing

I've mentioned before that there's really not much in Placida or Englewood.  But if I came here so I could catch Redfish, it's a great spot.

Yesterday, I went out fishing with a friend from Noblesville.  Shelly has a place on Pine Island and a flats boat.  He brought his friend John who is a commercial fisherman and knows the areas back in Bull Bay and Turtle Bay.  We had a great day on the water, and I got to see some area I'd never been before, but we didn't catch any redfish.  We did catch several small trout.

Today, however, was another great day for redfish.  I guess Shelly didn't want to show me his secret spot yesterday, because today he sent me an email saying he went somewhere else and caught 10 big reds and 3 snooks.

I also caught some nice reds, and a gator trout today.



I'm still having trouble with the fish cam.  I thought it was on when I caught the biggest fish of the day.  The fish even towed the dinghy around for a while.  I don't know if it was operator error or what, but the best video so far didn't get recorded.

Pam says people don't want to see anymore photos of me holding fish.  I'll try to keep this blog more about cruising on Tonic.  But, if you're not tired of fish photos, I'll keep posting them on my fishing blog....smellslikeworms




No comments:

Post a Comment