February 24, 2012

You can run.........


Yesterday, Pammie was sitting in the cockpit reading when some people in a dinghy asked if she was from Indiana.  She turned around to see Dennis and Kathy Fry.

The Frys are from Indiana.  We know them from our business at home, and Lake Monroe, and they have a boat at Burnt Store Marina where we kept our sailboat.  They didn't know we were here. They were just cruising in the area, and took a dinghy ride through our marina.  They have a nice trawler that was anchored outside the marina.  They wanted to come in and rent a slip for a few days but the marina is full.
That dark spot on the horizon is their boat.  Here it is zoomed in.


While watching TV last night, Pammie saw a grey streak running down the dock towards shore.   "Looks like Sammie."  We had seen Sammie's parents leave earlier, and didn't think Sammie should be out at night alone.  So Pammie tracked her down, and brought her back.  But the door on her boat was locked.   Sammie stays on deck on her boat during the day so Pammie left her there.  Sammie make a break for shore again.  Finally, someone on another dock said Sammie could stay with them until mom and dad returned.  So, about 9, Sammie's parents returned and Pammie ratted her out.  They said they left Sammie locked inside their boat.  They discovered that after they had left her there, Sammie opened a sliding window and jumped out.



My dinghy has an inflatable floor.  At least it's supposed to be an inflatable floor.  When I stepped in it today to go fishing, it was quickly apparent that there was no air in the floor.  I pumped it back up (along with the tube that leaks) and thought maybe I could make it last another day.  However, it was leaking too fast for me to keep up with the pump.  I could manage one leak but not two.  Pammie wasn't interested in coming along to pump while I was fishing, so I had to cancel my fishing plans, and do some dinghy repair.  I think the reason my first patch didn't seal up tight is because I didn't deflate it to put patch on.  And part of the reason I didn't want to do that is because I'd have to remove this humongous motor.
 I tied a line to it and told Pammie to pull it up off the dinghy, but that didn't get much response either.

The destructions say to wait at least 10 hours after patching before inflating the dinghy again, so my fishing plans are done for the day.


The reason that there was no room at the inn for the Frys is that the circus is in town.  You can see the big top being set up in the park. 

The Gigantic Nautical Flea Market is here this weekend.  I'm going to try to find a couple more this year.  The ones I got last year to replace Phyllis and Henry ran off as soon as we returned to Indiana.  They may be gigantic, but they're still impossible to find.

BTW, people expressed some doubt that the fish in yesterdays photo with a spot was actually a redfish.  My pal Brown O BoB said it certainly was, and it was a male redfish who simply forgot to shave his whiskers.

No comments:

Post a Comment