February 11, 2012

S & P

Due to the similarities in hair color, there were questions yesterday as to whether Sammie and Pammie were from the same litter.

I admit the resemblance is striking, however, Sammie is much younger than Pammie.

The rain has finally stopped.  I don't remember that it rained here at all last year.  Although, several good things have come from all this rain.  First, I now know that my inflatable dinghy will not sink no matter how much water is in it.  I've also learned that I can sleep under a leaking hatch in the V-berth as long as it's only a few drips per minute.
This reminds me of a conversation I had with the chief designer of a sailboat manufacturer back when we were in the sailboat business.  One of our customers who had purchased a new 25' sailboat called me to complain that his boat leaked when it rained.  I'd rather not mention the name of the sailboat manufacturer, but when I called out to their office in Woodland Hills, California to tell them of the customers problem--expecting they would offer a solution--the head designer told me that I should tell my customer  "It's not a submarine."  I thought it might be best if I didn't pass on that sentiment to our customer, so I bought him a canvas cover for his leaking hatch instead, and that solved his problem.  Maybe I need a similar solution for my leaking hatch, as I know that my boat is also "not a submarine."

No comments:

Post a Comment