February 1, 2012

Moon?

Beth and Tracy stayed a few days just down the road from us at Pelican Cove Inn.  Their room was a little bigger than the one in Key West, and the view was a little better--unless you count the "optional" views in KW.



We actually left the dock on Sunday.  I disconnected the power cord, water hose, cable TV and internet cable, as well as the spider web of docklines.  We took B & T out through Tavernier Creek, out near the reef, back through Snake Creek, and down to the Islamorada Fish Company for a great lunch.

On the way up to Tavernier, we passed through the "toilet bowl."  People have decorated toilet seats, and put them on pvc pipes along a pass.


I can't remember how I felt at 50, but 66 isn't all that much fun.


B & T left Tuesday morning to head up to St Pete Beach for a couple of months.  Before they left, we had breakfast at the Green Turtle Inn.  Best breakfast on the Keys. (Along with the hundert other places that claim to be the best.)


I keep going across the bay to fish.  It's always pleasant going across, and I always catch a few mangrove snapper, and a bunch of nice trout.


And the wind always picks up and swings around from the south while I'm out, making the ride home very wet and uncomfortable.

I have a granddaughter named Marley. Hard to believe this shop doesn't have one item with "Gnarly Marley" on it.


This afternoon, a woman walked out to our boat, and asked "Were you here last year?"  And then she said something involving the word "moon."  (Not the first time I've been accused of some unseemly activity.)  I gave my usual response of  "That wasn't me and you can't prove it."
She went on to say she had met us last year, liked our boat, and went home to Cape Cod and bought a Rosborough named "Moon Dog."

No comments:

Post a Comment