February 23, 2012

One fish, Two fish....................


I went out to my secret spot again yesterday.  As usual, I caught a hundert trout, but I also caught some different fish.  I think this one is a blue fish.
And, although I haven't seen a redfish in a while, I remember that they have a spot on their tails.  So I'm thinking this must be a redfish.



Later, I was using phish heads for bait on one one pole, and shrimp on the other.  I thought the phish heads might make good shark bait.  I was drifting along, eating lunch when, of course, I got strikes on both poles at the same time.  Since the phish head pole was in a rod holder, I set the hook, put it back in the rod holder, and grabbed the pole with the shrimp.  I figured it was a shark on the phish head, and I would just let him run til I got the other pole out of the way.   I got the trout off that line, and turned my attention to the "shark".  When I started reeling in the line, I saw that it was slack.  I thought the shark must have gotten off the hook.  Then I realized it was swimming towards the dinghy.  Fast.  As I was trying to catch up reeling in the line, the fish jumped out of the water right beside the boat.  About 4' in the air.  Fully expecting it to be a shark, I screamed like a little girl.  However, it wasn't a shark, but instead a ladyfish that was about 3 feet long.  One of the largest ladyfish I've seen.  It finally threw the hook, so there's no photo.


 I finally found a school of tarpon in a feeding frenzy.  Unfortunately, I was having dinner at the time.



While I was out fishing, Pammie was shopping or doing whatever women do, and the "service engine light" came on again in our wonderful Ford truck.  So I don't know if we'll make it back or not.  I'm trying to convince Pammie that we might as well stay here as be stranded along the road in Georgia somewhere.  Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment