February 16, 2012

Swimsuit model

Yes, I am a swimsuit model.
Today, I was once again a boat / swimsuit model.  George Sass wanted a few shots of a Rosborough under way, so I took our boat out for him to take some photos.  And yes, I was wearing a swimsuit.  (Although he wanted the doors closed so I would not show up in the photos.) 

I was a boating / swimsuit model a little earlier in my modeling career as well.  In 1965, my parents were staying at a cottage on Lake Wawasee in northern Indiana.  One morning, some people came knocking on the door wanting to know if there was a guy living there who was about 20 years old.  As usual, my mom checked to see if they were police or FBI, and asked what this hypothetical 20 year old might have allegedly done.  They said they were looking for someone to drive their boat while they took photos from a scaffold they had built out in the middle of the lake. So she admitted that yes, I was there, and she would see if she could get me out of bed to drive their boat.  Turned out those folks were from the Starcraft Boat Company, and the photos were for their 1966 company brochure.

It seems that not everyone believes everything I write on this blog, so in order to document my story, I "googled" 1966 Starcraft brochure. Since it is such an important historical document, I easily found it.  Click on the links to see the brochure pages.  Here in the top photo, that's me driving the Mustang 14.
And here in the bottom photo, that's me being a swimsuit/boating model in the back seat.   All true.



This morning, we thought we'd go out to Indian Key.


 The waterway through the Keys is not very deep.  Mostly 5' or so.  We followed this larger boat for about 10 miles.  His draft must be about 4.75 feet, because he left an easy to follow trail.


Along the way, we picked up a pod of dolphin, and took them surfing.


Here's a short video.  If you can't see it in your email, go to the website.




Our boat had 200 hours on it when we bought it in 2008.

1 comment: