February 26, 2012

Don Ho

I'm not a smart man.  And obviously, I don't know a lot about dinghy repair.  But I'm pretty sure this not what you should see after applying a patch.

The Gigantic N F M is finally over.  There is so much traffic on the road out front, that we don't dare leave, because it could take hours to get back in.  And, we wouldn't want to leave our slip because people arrived in small boats, and tie up anywhere they could.  The dockmaster had to move two boats out of a slip that was rented just down the way from us.
We did eat breakfast at the G N F M both Sat & Sun.  And even though I swore not to spend money on things I didn't need, I was able to find a nice fishing pole and reel, some back-up flip flops, a belt (to keep up with the Richman) some shorts, a fishing rod holder, some wire ties, etc etc--all these things I desperately needed. Pammie considered buying a bonsai tree for the boat, but decided it might need as much care as a dog.  It would, however, be considerably quieter.

But, as with any circus, the grounds were filthy.  All the animals (people) walking around.  Every time we left the boat, we had to get the brush-on-a-stick and scrub our toes.  (Pammie can reach her toes with a regular brush, but she refuses to scrub mine, so I need the stick.)

And there were even more dogs here during the G N F M.  So I got an idea that might work out well.  The animal shelter was here last week looking for people to adopt dogs.  If I could adopt an inventory of dogs, I could rent them out to folks who come to this "pet friendly" park without one.  And any of the small ones that turned out to be trouble, I could sell for shark bait.

1 comment: