February 13, 2010

Still stuck in Naples

We're still on a mooring ball in Naples. Too windy to even venture outside of the boat. I had hoped to get the dinghy off the roof and go into the marina and into town. Neither us nor Grey Goose took the chance of getting our dinghy airborne. So we both stayed inside our boats 30 feet apart and talked to each other on cell phones.
In addition to the wind, it's also cold here. I don't expect much sympathy from those of you up NOrth, but lows in the 30's here are not pleasant. I even put on socks today--now that's cold!
We hope to make it up to near Cabbage Key tomorrow. I've been checking the forecast all day. NOAA says 2 to 4 foot seas tomorrow. Hoping for less.
Since our time here is scheduled to end soon, I've also been checking the forecast for up NOrth. Looks like it might snow this weekend up in the land of long pants. We might have to stay a little longer to miss that snow. I'm thinking May.

2 comments:

  1. we'll take some of that thar 30's stuff. it's damn cold up NOrth. i keep my socks on 24hrs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May sounds good...as long as you fly the wee ones down for visits...I don't think they can take much more. =)

    ReplyDelete