February 6, 2010

Frank & Pat

Friday we rode our bikes to Publix to stock up in preparation for our planned departure on Monday. (After celebrating a Colts victory on Sunday)
Later, I went fishing back in my secret spot. I guess I shouldn't have posted a photo of the spot on the blog because the usually isolated area had 20 boats back there fishing. Hardly room to cast a line.
We met Frank & Pat on Grey Goose (another Rosborough) about 4 pm. Their boat had been stored in Punta Gorda and they drove down here to Marathon. We helped them launch. I inflated their dinghy while Frank took their truck and trailer to a storage place. It was dark when they finally left the dock. (No overnight allowed there.) Since they had never seen this place, we tried to lead them in our dinghy to a spot where they could anchor. Around all the shoals. Through the 226 moored boats. Through all the other anchored boats. In the dark. Navigating by the stars. Cloudy night with a storm coming in. With my sunglasses on. What could possibly go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment