February 17, 2010

Global Warming

Morning temps in the low 40's most days. All this week, the high temp for each day is in the low 60's. Throw in the 20 mph winds and a lot of the residents here in Punta Gorda look like the one in the attached photo.
Heard that during a "normal" winter, about 10 manatees die. This year, over 300 died because of the cold. Of course by spring those manatee deaths will be attributed to boaters. Most of the people in this part of Florida are my age or older so by spring they will have forgotten it was too cold for any boaters to be out on the water.
Every winter we hear that "it's unusually cold this year." I think that's chamber of commerce propaganda to get us to return next year. It's been working on me for the last 15 years.

2 comments:

  1. Quit complaining. I havn't seen snow on the ground in any of your pictures. In some of the photos I see a strange light in the sky like a big bright ball. What is that?

    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning,
    I shot six holes in my freezer.

    R

    ReplyDelete