February 15, 2010

Leaving Naples

The marine forecast for Monday called for NOrth winds 10 to 15 and 2 to 4 foot seas. That was the best forecast of any day this week. The morning temp was in the 30's and I could see my breath. That's inside the boat.
We pounded through the waves early on, but it got better the farther we went.
Later, as we're motoring up the ICW, I heard someone hailing the Rosborough on the VHF radio. I answered, and talked with a fellow on a Monk 36 who's previous boat was a Rosborough named "Miss Peggy Sue". Last year on the Chesapeake, we met Richie Michaels who bought "Miss Peggy Sue." Small world.
We're currently anchored off Useppa Island, I'm going to wake up Grey Goose so we can go in to Cabbage Key for breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. What'd know! We met Norm on Miss Peggy Sue at one of Christina's Rendezvous' down on the Chesapeake. Norm & Betsy! How cool that they spotted you.

    Tammi
    Cloud Nine
    Middlebury, VT
    29 degrees

    ReplyDelete