February 3, 2010

But not up

I mentioned that we met our neighbor Phil from Wisconsin, and helped him celebrate growing older on his birthday.
Today, we saw him hobbling around on the trampoline of his trimaran with a crutch. Of course we asked what happened. The cruisers net organizes a softball game in the city park next to the marina. He signed up to play and the next thing you know...............
He rounded first, never thought of the worst, as he studied the shortstop's position. Crack went his leg like the shell of an egg. Someone called a decent physician. I guess he's no Pete Rose.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with Phil....I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom! You're a poet! My leg still aches... Cathie and I enjoyed meeting you and Pam aboard the "Tonic". Still waiting on survey to close on the sale of kimosabi before we can begin our shopping for an outboard-powered Rossy in earnest... Enjoy your travels!!

    ReplyDelete