January 15, 2012

Regatta

What a great day for a regatta.  Sunny, perfect wind, makes me wish I were a sailor.
 


Last year, we met a couple here who were looking to downsize to a trailerable boat.  They went out with Phil and Cathie on Buddy.  I guess Phil's sales effort fell short.  The Sass's bought a Tom Cat.


We didn't see many iguanas in Islamorada last year, however, there seems to be quite a few this time.


We're in the "houseboats" area in the marina.  The two boats to the right of us are sitting on the bottom at low tide.

It's been so windy the last few nights that it's been difficult to sleep.  We had a sun shade over the v-berth hatch, and when the wind increased to about 20 one night, it flapped so loud that I had to go out at 2 am to take it down.  The next night, the wind shifted around, and as the boat rocked, the dock lines made a squeaking noise that woke me up.  I changed the expensive double braided lines to cheap triple braid with more streach.  So far, no squeaks.  At least the houseboats beside us don't rock much when they're sitting on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment