January 13, 2012

Buddy's Back

We had a little rain and wind Wednesday night.  Thursday was calm, but overcast.  I heard some thunder early, but decided to take the dinghy north to some islands where I had fished last year.   About 45 minutes with my trusty Suzi 2 at full throttle. Pam stayed home.   It was hard to tell the sea from the sky today.
I caught a variety of fish...............snapper, mackerel, bluefish, and some of the largest lady fish ever.  I was sure I had a tarpon.    The first lady fish jumped several times and pulled line off the drag--entangling my anchor line, the shrimp bucket line, and my second pole.  Quite a circus.

Phil and Cathie in "BUDDY"  arrived Thursday.  We first met them 2 years ago at Boot Key Harbor in Marathon.  They had a sailboat then, but were interested in looking at our Rosborough.  After returning home to Wisconsin, they sold their sailboat, and bought a Rosborough.  They were here last year in Islamorada the same time as us.

They're still flying that Green Bay Packers flag from last year.  Our Colts flag seems to have disappeared.


We saw this green guy here in the park.  Our son had something like this as a pet when he was at IU.




I've owned some boats that claim to have built-in floatation. I've even installed some floatation air bags in some small sailboats.  But this guy must really be worried about sinking.


There's a beach cat regatta here this weekend.  They've been having practice races all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment