January 25, 2012

Warp Speed

Tried to get an early start this morning, and I was at the bait shop by 8 am.  They had already sold out of shrimp.  So I drive on down the way to a bait shop right next door to the Pelican Cove Resort.  Nice guy there, and the shrimp were bigger than the first place. (When they have them.)  The only shortage I might encounter at the new bait shop is when the guests at the Pelican Cove order shrimp for dinner. 


So, we went out in the dinghy this morning with my shrimp.  The wind was blowing from the south, so the trip out there was great.  (Not so great on the return trip--pretty bumpy.) 
We went around behind one of the islands--mostly to get out of the wind.  I told Pam that there probably wouldn't be any fish there.  I only caught Jacks, Ladyfish, Mackerel, Catfish, Sharks, Lizardfish, and about a dozen really nice trout like these two.




The new motor is really fast.  I took the GPS back out again to see what the top speed might be, but I always black out over 20 mph.




Looks like some guy out the dock from us had a little more serious problem this afternoon.  There were 10 paramedics taking him out on the gurney.




Tracy keeps sending me emails from the "clothing optional" place where they're staying in Key West. I guess his camera is broken, because he only describes in words what he's seeing in the pool.  I'll be driving down there tomorrow to see for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment