January 24, 2012

New motor

Our new motor arrived today. 
Thanks to Beth and Tracy for delivering it.
And thanks to Wayne for selling it to us. 
It started right up, and runs great.  It makes less noise at idle than our 2 hp does.
The 2 hp motor would propel us along at about 6 mph.  I took the GPS out with me today, and got up over 20 mph with the new motor.  I think Pam and I are going to take the dinghy up to Ft Myers for lunch tomorrow.

Today, we took Beth and Tracy to the Island Grill for lunch.  We started out with their world famous Tuna Nachos.   Good stuff.


Beth and Tracy went on down to Key West for few days.  They're staying at a place called Pearl's Key West Hotel.  I looked it up online, and it says it's a "clothing optional" resort.  I'm guessing Tracy booked that place.  We're going to drive down to KW on Thursday to hang out with them for the day. (I mean that in the "visiting" way--not the "clothing optional" way of "hanging out".)

No comments:

Post a Comment