January 11, 2012

Trumpy

I enjoy looking at older, classic boats.  I've owned several, and it's far more fun looking at other peoples classic boats than owning and maintaining them yourself.  I saw this boat in our marina, and knew right away it is special.  It's a 1963 Trumpy.  Instead of inserting my small photo, click on the link to one of the several websites about "TIRELESS."  (Which, if you don't figure it out on your own, is what you need to be to maintain a 68' wooden boat.   I spoke with her captain as he was sanding the deck, and he said he's been at it for 15 years.  So Dawg, if you'd like to come and visit us, but don't want to sleep on our little back porch enclosed with tarps, there's a stateroom available in TIRELESS.  They're prices are just a little higher than ours ($1250.00 per night,) but their menu is more complete --although I didn't see stale bologna sandwiches on it.

This is a "dog friendly" marina located in a "dog friendly" city park.  Almost every other boat in the marina has a dog.  Some have two.  We're surrounded by dogs.  I'm surprised they let us in here without a dog.  Don't get me wrong--I like dogs.  I still get choked up when I think of our wonderful old pal Genny.  Gone but not forgotten.  However, at 7 am, I'm not thinking about Genny when the neighbor dogs start barking.
Of course, the cat lovers are well represented here also.  One boat has three cats.  They started out with "Mooch."  But Mooch was lonely, so the owners went to a shelter to find a companion.  In an all too familiar story, they came home with two additional cats, because they didn't want to separate sister cats.  So now along with Mooch, they have #1 and #2.  The only way to tell #1 and #2 apart is that #2 wears a collar.  There's also several feral cats here in the park, and someone has set up a feeding station for them at the shore end of our dock.  Close enough that when there's a disagreement among cats at 2 am, we can hear the screeching.  I'm not complaining--just explaining my heavy use of sleeping pills.

After three trips to the hardware store, I finally have the water leaks down to a manageable trickle.  I have begun shutting off the water at the dock when we leave the boat.

The weather forcasters are warning us that a cold front will be coming through in the next few days.  Instead of the usual high of 80 degrees, we should expect a high temp of only 75.

1 comment:

  1. don't you just hate those 1%ters. thay have all the fun.

    ReplyDelete