January 20, 2012

Dogfishing

After my comments about catfishing, I received this email from my pal Bruce Berner suggesting I try dogfishing.................

Tom,
I have a slightly used Honda 225 sitting in the garage that I would be willing to part with. That should get you a little more speed. I could arrange for the Skycrane helicopter to deliver it. By the way, try teacup poodles or yorkies for bait. They are easier to catch, don't have sharp claws and give great rod action in the water. I'm leaving Monday for New Mexico to go elk fishing. Not sure what you use for bait there.
Have Fun, Bruce

As luck would have it, today I saw this sign on a shop down the road.


Speaking of bait, I've always heard that if you want to catch big fish--use big bait.  If I could just get this thing on a hook.............................


While out fishing yesterday afternoon, I saw some dolphins doing the backstroke.


The little lumps in the following photo are the islands where I go fishing. 
It usually takes me 45 minutes or so to get there with the 2 hp outboard on my dinghy.  I considered Bruce's 225, but I think a 9.8 hp will probably take me Mach 2 with my hair on fire.  (And since I haven't had my hair cut in over a year, that should be quite a blaze.)
My pal Wayne in North Vernon, Indiana has graciously agree to sell me his 9.8 Nissan outboard.  Beth and Tracy are driving from Indiana to Key West next week, and they have graciously agreed to pick up Waynes motor, and drop it off here.  (Don't worry Wayne--the check's in the mail.)

No comments:

Post a Comment