February 6, 2013

They're back

Fishing has been pretty slow the past few days.  On Monday, I went out to my secret spot, and even though I saw about 50 redfish, I couldn't catch any. Then on Tuesday, we drove over to Pine Island to visit with Shelly and Cherryl.  They have a beautiful home on the NOrth end of Pine Island.  Shelly also has a nice little flats boat that we went out on to his secret spot.  Again, we saw hunderts of redfish, but we each caught only one.



It was a great time on the water.  I really enjoyed blasting across the flats in Shelly's boat, and it was fun learning some fishing and knot tying tips from Shelly.  He's a retired heart surgeon.  I'm not sure if he uses fishing knots for surgery, or surgery knots for fishing.  Later, we enjoyed dinner at the Lazy Flamingo--one of Pam's favorites.

Today, I went back out fishing, and after at least five hundert casts with that gold spoon, I switched back to a soft plastic bait.  I suppose every fish on the flats where I go had seen my gold spoon, because as soon as I started throwing the soft plastic, it was fish on. 





The score was 5 redfish, 2 snook, a trout, and a lot of jacks.  If you're not tired of the fishcam videos, here's another one



Most of the Ranger Tugs left the marina Monday.


While we were gone yesterday, the marina filled up with another boat club.


No comments:

Post a Comment