February 3, 2013

Coffee

Some time ago, I discovered that Pam counted out my "mature" multivitamins to coincide with the number of days we were to be away from home.  In an effort to extend our time in the sun, I would skip taking vitamins some days.  (The "mature" part of the pills wasn't working anyway.)  She discovered my deception and now just fills the vitamin bottle full.  Many more pills than days.  

While on the boat, we use filter packs to make our coffee.  The filter pack is designed to put into a drip style coffee pot, but we just drop one into a pot of water, and let it soak a while.  That way, we can use it with our "camp" style coffee pot on the alcohol stove when we're anchored out, or with an old percolator pot without the guts in it when we have electricity.  The filter packs come in boxes of ten.  A couple of days ago, I used the last filter pack in the third box.  Pam commented "That's 30 packs of coffee.  That means we're half way through our stay."

I didn't say anything at the time, but the light bulb came on.  That's how she's counting the days now instead of counting the vitamins.  So while she's over at the bath house, I clean out the coffee pot, and sneak the used filter pack into a zip lock bag, to be used again.    I get up before her, and make the coffee, so as long as she doesn't notice that the coffee is getting weaker, maybe I can stay longer.


2 comments:

  1. Does she really not read this blog ? LOL

    Bill Kelleher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom -

    Give me the particulars and I will send you a care package with filter packs. Anything to help you stay longer as I am enjoying your blog posts again this year.

    Jim M. North Star, RF-246 #471

    ReplyDelete