February 18, 2013

Cold Weather

We went out in the dinghy to explore the area.  Kiera found a star fish.




It was cold and windy here yesterday.  What can you do in cold weather on a crowded small boat?  Roll up the carpet for a game of jacks of course.




The girls decided to go over to Boca Grande to "shop."  They also went down to the lighthouse and out on the beach at the pass.






Banyan tree

 



I thought I might be able to fish for a little while, so I donned two of my sweatshirts and a jacket to give it a try.  Didn't last long.  We had an extreme low tide, so the area I usually fish was only about 4" deep.  I drifted over the shallow water, and found a spot that had water that was 12" deep in an area that was a 20' circle.  I hooked a redfish in that small space, but didn't get him to the boat.  I only lasted an hour in the cold wind before I gave up.

Earlier, I mentioned the ferries just outside our marina that haul cars across to an island.  On the way out to fish, I saw something unusual.  I heard sirens coming down the street to the ferry ramp.  An ambulance, two police cars and two fire trucks, were stopped, waiting on the ferry with flashing lights and sirens going.  When the ferry got to their side, they loaded on--with their lights and sirens still going.  They couldn't all fit for one trip, so the fire trucks sat and waited while the others went across.  Again, with all lights and sirens going.  I hope there was not a life-threatening event on the island, because it was a somewhat funny sight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment