February 25, 2011

Tuna Success

The tuna from our boat neighbor was excellent!   I had to look up how to prepare it on the internet.  They suggested using an iron skillet, but we don't have one on board.  So I got one of the marina's grill's very hot, and cooked the tuna about a minute and a half on each side to sear it.  Delicious!

My pal Wayne (I mentioned him earlier regarding the Illinois river trip) is in the plumbing supply business.  He emailed me this morning that my water connection might be suspect.  He explained that simply restricting the flow of water does not reduce the pressure.  I'm sure if I would give him my credit card number, he could ship me the plumbing parts I need to bring my installation up to code.  Most likely, he would only ship half the parts I would need. When I do plumbing projects I never have all the required parts the first time.  Actually, he suggested I visit an RV store and pick up a pressure regulator.  However, Wayne's email arrived a little too late.  There was water spraying out from behind the walls this morning.  Always consult a professional, and don't try this at home.

When I was growing up in Indianapolis, there was an urban legend about a "House of Blue Lights."  Some people said an eccentric old man lived there, and if he caught you on his property, he would shoot you.  Others said the house was haunted.   Eventually, the story faded away.  We always assumed the guy retired and moved to somewhere warm.  This boat mysteriously appeared in our marina last night.



There's a sign out in front of Founder's Park that says "Gigantic Nautical Flea Market" this weekend.  I'm hoping to buy some gigantic nautical fleas there.  These fleas I have are so small, I usually can't find them.  And since they're not the nautical variety, they keep getting seasick.  Nothing worse than having flea barf all over the boat.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on buying those "Gigantic Nautical Fleas"...

    Oh... And by the way... Beth being a great cook, I asked her how she would prepare tuna on the internet... She, like me, thought it would be pretty messy and hard to clean off of the PC.. We would suggest a more conventional way, like the stove...

    Keep warm...

    TW

    ReplyDelete