February 16, 2011

Trout

Went back to my secret spot in the islands up in the Everglades N.P. again today.  Tried to fish in the cut between islands, but the dolphins were already fishing there.  Dolphins are fun to watch, but they spoil the fishing.  None of the fish I usually catch wanted to come out and play with the dolphins.  If you haven't seen dolphins playing with fish, it's similar to "cat and mouse."  And has the same ending for the fish as the mouse.  Dolphins love to throw fish in the air and catch them.  Today, they were herding the fish into shallow water, then surrounding them.  Here's a short video.  (If you can't see it, go to the website: 
http://tonic-cruises.blogspot.com/2011/02/trout.html )
   
The wind was light today, so I went around to the north side of the island.  Finally caught some trout.  They weren't the biggest trout I've ever caught, but it's a start.

I enjoyed my usual "shore lunch" again today (sardines and crackers), while Pam went out to lunch with some boat neighbors.  I too enjoyed the company of neighbors while I ate lunch.





No comments:

Post a Comment