February 3, 2011

Shrimp today

Just when I thought my plumbing problem was fixed.......................the pump started cycling on and off again--but only when the water heater was on.  It was pushing water out the pressure / temperature relief valve.  Same valve that's on your water heaters at home--except ours has a 1/2" thread instead of the standard 3/4" thread.  So instead of the $10 it would cost at home, the only replacement on the Keys cost $40.  That's double because it's on a boat, and doubled again because it's on the Keys.  While I was at it, I removed all the extra bi-pass valves, and did away with 12 hose clamps (potential leaks.)  Actually, I found the part at an RV store in Key Largo.  We really are "campers."

So, that took most of the day.  While we were in Key Largo, we stopped at Publix.  Pam bought shrimp for dinner.  A pound was $6.99.  I counted 23 shrimp in the pound.  Shrimp at the bait shop is $3.25 a dozen.  The bait shop shrimp are pretty big, and the guy always throws in a few extras.  (Don't think I haven't eaten left over bait before.)  

1 comment:

  1. Hummmm Shrimp for bait. I just can't get that such a waste.
    It is the weekend for my Winter Depression Blues party and
    there is a snow shower coming so folks are dropping like flies.
    Such a bummer.
    A
    glad to live warmly and vicariously thru your blog. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete