April 26, 2009

Back to Apalach

Left Dog Island, and headed west this morning. Did a calculation of the fuel me might have used in the 300 miles or so we traveled. We had never run the gas gauge this low before, and since it didn't work at all when we bought the boat, I had reservations about it's accuracy. By My calculations, we should have had 15 to 20 gallons left in the 87 gallon tank. But since I couldn't be sure, we stopped in at C Quarters Marina in Carrabelle. It took 70 gallons. ($2.35 / gal, no ethanol)
On the way, we met a barge loaded with corn syrup headed for Tampa.
Staying at Scipio Creek Marina in Apalachicola tonight. They say the "c" is silent, but no one understands when I say "Skippio Eek."
The 61' Flying Lady is here. I think it's broke down. But still a work of art--even tied to the dock.
On the other end of the boating spectrum is this one of a kind custom designed sailboat.
After we got tied up at the marina, I washed the salt off the boat, and we walked into Apalachicola for dinner. Ninety percent of Florida's oysters come from A-cola, so of course we couldn't order chicken at the Boss Oyster Grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment