April 23, 2009

East Bay

Thurs 4-23-09
Happy Birthday Madison................teenager
We left Panama CITY Marina about 9:30. I had this funny feeling we were being watched the whole time we were there. Might have been the web cam..................
As we're motoring along, the VHF radio blasts out "This is the Air Force Patrol calling the boat near Crew Cut Island." Just about then, this jet buzzes right over us. We have no idea where Crew Cut Island is, but I start frantically checking the charts to be sure we're not about to be torpedoed. I never did find the island, but I'm sure that my serpentine maneuvers saved us from certain destruction.
We passed a shipyard as we crossed East Bay.

After that, the area is relatively undeveloped

At the end of East Bay is the start of Wetappo Creek. It runs about 20 miles over to Lake Wimico.
We heard banjo music as we passed this shack and the boat with it.

The eagle has landed

No comments:

Post a Comment