February 2, 2009

Tailless

2-2-09
I went fishing this morning, while Pam stayed on the boat.
I was catching some nice trout and an occasional ladyfish.
As I was reeling in a trout, he was splashing a lot on the surface. Just then, an osprey swooped down and tried to grab the trout. I've had pelicans do this before--but never an osprey. He didn't get this trout, but he sat close by in a tree and waited for me to hook another.

Later, I hooked another trout, and it wasn't the Osprey that got him, but something did.

I was a little cautious about rinsing my hands in the water after that.
2-3-09
Leaving Fakahatchee this morning. Overcast and rain. Another cold front with wind is coming Wednesday, and we're going to try to go outside today to Sanibel. Wind forecast today is 10 - 15 from the NW (on the nose), so it may be a rough trip. (Or we may put in at Naples or somewhere and wait till later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment