February 13, 2009

Chico

Friday 2-13-09
Pam got some sad news this morning. Chico, the marina cat at BSM, was not around. She had petted Chico when we were here 3 weeks ago, but couldn't find him this time. She went to the harbormaster's office, and found that he had passed away. They were not sure of his exact age, but he had been at the marina for 20 years. RIP Chico.

We stayed in a slip at Burnt Store last night. Don and Michelle Argay took us into town (Port Charlotte) for pizza.
Unfortunately, when we returned to BSM, we found it was Karaoke night at the restaurant next to our slip, and there were no talented people there. Just loud people.
This morning, we had coffee with Priscilla in her new condo, and caught up on the latest news from Burnt Store Marina. After the fog lifted, we headed out to my new secret tarpon spot. I should have known what would happen when I sent out the email about catching a tarpon. All the way across the harbor, I saw a boat off in the distance on the same course that we were on. I had an eerie feeling of being followed. As soon as we dropped the anchor, look who showed up.

So I loaded them in the dinghy, and after blindfolding them, we went back to the secret spot.

We let the girls out on the beach, while Don and I fished in the lagoon. No tarpon today, but I did catch a nice grouper.

Hard to believe, but this grouper is 4" short of being big enough to keep.
I finally caught a small redfish today--first of this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment