February 15, 2009

Fogged In

Saturday 2-14-09
We went back through the luv canal again today, to fish in the pond. So far, in the pond I've caught tarpon, grouper, trout, snook, redfish, snapper, jack, sheepshead, and even a snagged mullet.
Today was snook day. I was catching snooks on almost every cast until two guys walked over from the beach and proceeded to wade out into the water right where the snooks were. Those guys seemed happy to catch snappers, but they sure spooked the snooks.
I also hooked the largest snook I've ever lost. He jumped up, shook his head, took a look at me in my dinghy, and just laughed. He straightened the hooks on my mirrolure like they were cheap safety pins. When he jumped, I think his head was 3 feet above the water, but his tail was still in it.
Whatever...............................signed, Pam
We're anchored across from Cabbage Key again tonight. We've been struggling with our batteries to keep them charged and make our little anchor light glow all night. Anchored next to us is a 65' motor yacht that has all three decks illuminated inside, and strings of exterior lights surrounding it on the fly bridge as well as the gunnels. It even has underwater lights shining beneath it. Quite a contrast.
We plan to start NOrth tomorrow.
Sunday
2-15-09
Totally fogged in this morning. Sat at anchor until 11:00, and then overcome by boredom, we took off in the fog. We're able to navigate with the chart plotter, but can't see other boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment