September 30, 2011

cold and windy

I'd had my limit of iced tea last night, so I left Rich and Dawg at the bar in Cincinnati and went to bed.  Fortunately, the V-berth has a door, so I closed myself up and left the task of putting up the steerage tarps to two drunks.  Here's what I found when I opened the V-berth door this morning.  That's Rich in his black sleeping bag on the floor. 

It was very windy today--and cold.  But no fog. (It did rain, so the streak is unbroken.) We left Cincinnati at 8:30, and thought we might make it to Madison.  We only made it to the Markland lock.  When I called the lockmaster to see if we could lock through, he told me it would be between 3 to 4 hours before we got through.  There is a marina about a mile upstream of the lock, so we stopped here for the night.  Again, we're not the biggest boat here.  That's us on the end.
 
While we were hanging out here, a wooden boat club came in for the night.  They're traveling on the river, and there's a motel across the street.  My favorite is Old Sweetheart.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete