July 1, 2010

miss 2

Awoke early (forgot to change my watch to central time) to find the boat covered with a bizillion mayflies. The boat was in danger of sinking from the extra weight of the bugs.
The river is certainly muddy. And being 4 feet above normal makes it difficult to see where the wing dams are, as well as the reefs that are usually islands.
I need to get into river navigation mode. I've tried to find river charts that Sea Clear will read, but no luck. So there is no little position indicator to tell me where I am. Have to keep an eye on those red and green buoys. There's a 3 or 4 knot current, so we're swimming upstream. If the bow gets started turning, we're headed for shore in a hurry.
Our first lock was a 4' lift. We thought that was small until we got to the next lock and went up a total of 6 inches.
I forgot to pack the cord that transfers photos from the camera to the phone, so until I get to wi-fi or can buy a cord, all the photos will be from the phone's camera.
We're anchored in front of a ski resort tonight. We can see one of the chair lifts running, and we ocassionally hear screaming and the sounds of something with wheels going down the hill. I think it's Radio Flyers on the toboggen course.
You blog readers might think I write this for you. However, I plan on taking a computer with me when they put me in the "home" and read my blog myself then. By then, I won't remember doing any of it. I think I'll get the blog's website address tatooed somewhere everyone in the home can see it.........on my butt.

1 comment:

  1. laffure du vent is home. the heat left monday morning at Ky lake. prayer works. wish you a great trip.

    ReplyDelete