January 23, 2009

Tunnel of Luv





Later today, we went out in search of the tunnel of luv.
The tides here are very low, so even high tide is low.
Pam got stuck in the dinghy.

I walked up to the entrance to the tunnel of luv, but it was too shallow for us to get through. Maybe if we had a kayak we might have made it.

On the way back to the boat, I stopped to fish on the other side of Cabbage key. I hooked a couple of snooks. Managed to get a small one back to the boat, but the larger one got away.
I caught 6 snooks today. That's more than I caught all year in Indiana.






Later, we circumnavigated Useppa Island.
I'm going to take my computer in the dinghy, and get close to Useppa to see if I can jump on someone's wifi.
P.S. That didn't work. Several people have wifi--but they are all secured with passwords that I have been unable to guess. We'll probably head south tomorrow. We've only made about 4 miles south in the past 4 days.
Here's the sunset over Cabbage Key. That's the most clouds we've seen today.

No comments:

Post a Comment