January 22, 2009

Cabbage Key Anchorage


Left Burnt Store about 2 pm, and headed across Charlotte Harbor. Really like B.S. but time to move on.











We anchored about 4 pm between Useppa and Cabbage Key. Some of you have been to Cabbage Key with us.
We plan to go over to Cabbage Key for breakfast tomorrow, so I got the dinghy down off the roof this evening. I thought since it was already in the water, I would go over to Argay's secret redfish hole near Useppa. I could only go for a short time, so I didn't take my boca grip, my tackle box, or anything but my fishing pole. And Pam. When I casted into the secret redfish spot, wham! Fish on ! Screaming drag.................jumps, etc etc.
I got him back to the dinghy, and managed to grab him with my hand. A large SNOOK. I laid my paddle alongside him and made a mark on the paddle. When I measured later, it was a 27" snook. I hooked another one, but couldn't get him to the dinghy. Since I didn't take any extra stuff, I did not have the camera. But I did have Pam to testify. It's all true isn't it Pam?
Yes, it's all true, signed Pam.

No comments:

Post a Comment