July 2, 2012

Still at the Pool

7-1-12


Today is Canada Day
We enjoyed the pool so much, we decided to stay another night.



We saw in the cruising guide that there is another lake up in the mountains nearby.  Artist Lake.
It sounded interesting, so we dinghyed ashore again and started out to find it.






Turned out that the lake is mis-named.  It should be called mosquito breeding lake.  It’s a low swampy place that is so thick with mosquitoes, that if I stopped walking, I had to hold on to a tree to keep them from carrying me off.  A big tree.





As for wildlife up here, we haven’t seen anything we don’t see at home.  And, not as much as we see at home.   This deer waded into the water and ate some seaweed.








And yet another snapper.  I see these things everywhere I go. Other than Pam’s brother, Ty, I’m not sure they have any natural predators.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment