July 7, 2012

Deja vu all over again

At least we made it back into the USA before the truck blew up.  Again.

When we loaded the boat at Spanish, it was blowing out white smoke.




Then, in an all too familiar scene, it lost power, and we coasted to a stop along the road.





I told the tow truck driver that he could just take it to a salvage yard, but he thought he knew a mechanic who might be able to fix it.  I hate to pay big bucks (again) just to get it home so I can sell it.  I've spent way too much money trying to make this truck run.  Each time, I think "well that's going to fix the truck and it will run fine from now on."  New fuel pump parts, new EGR valve, new turbo, etc etc etc.

So we are stuck in Clare, Michigan.  Living at the Days Inn.  Hopefully, the local mechanic will look at it Monday.  The tow truck driver told us he had taken another Ford trUCK to him earlier today.  I doubt if we get home before Wednesday.  And the Days Inn thinks this is a holiday weekend (as was last weekend) so the price of rooms is jacked up like there was a NASCAR race in town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment