April 20, 2010

Electric Mosquitoes

After dinner last night we watched a movie on my computer. The boat was still hot, so we left some windows open. Mistake. Before long, mosquitoes were blocking our view of the screen.
While cruising with our pals Frank & Pat from Grey Goose, we saw Pat swinging what looks like a small tennis racquet. She told us it was bug zapper. I didn't think much about it until I saw one on sale at Harbor Freight for $2.99. So I bought one, put in the 2 D cell batteries and left it on the boat.
Last night I found the zapper and started swinging through the flock. It has a grid of very thin wires that become electrically charged when you push the button on the handle. When a bug touches the wires, it blows up with a spark. Quite a show inside a dark boat. I have to admit I had fun reducing Florida's mosquito population. However, my sinister laughing came back to haunt me later in the night.
I always dream. Most are pleasant dreams. But not last night. I dreamed I was under attack from giant hairy misquitoes who had power packs strapped on their backs. Instead of sucking my blood, they stuck their electrodes in me and shocked me with slightly less than fatal voltage. Over and over. There was so much electricity in me that my skin was glowing.
Before going to sleep last night, I had planned on sending Pat an email to thank her for recommending the zapper. Now I'm not so sure it was a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. what happened to Tom Moore? the picture with the bug zapper looks just like the "DUDE" good to know he still abides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marley just pointed at your picture and said "look Momma, a monkey!" =)

    ReplyDelete