January 15, 2010

heading south


Decided it's too cold here, so we're going down to the Naples area. It's about 56 miles. We left at 9am, and we travel at 8 mph. Andrew, what time will we arrive?
The gulf is calm today--another reason to travel. Wind shifting to south and then west tomorrow. You can see how calm it is beyond our flag in the photo. Hope we can keep flying that flag for the duration.
This trip, I'm posting on my blog from my cell phone. Most of the photos are taken from my phone as well. (It's not a "smart" phone, so someone like me can operate it. But it takes a while to type stuff.) You'd think running several miles offshore you would not need to keep a close watch where you're going, but there's crab pots everywhere out here.
We'll anchor out again tonight, then hope to get to a marina tomorrow and maybe find somewhere to watch tv tomorrow night. If you need a clue, look at the photo again.

No comments:

Post a Comment