January 7, 2010

Departure Delayed

Today (Thursday) is the day we were scheduled to depart for warm, sunny Florida.

Several problems...................first, just driving on snow is no fun.  Towing a boat on snow is not an option.





Second problem is that Florida is neither warm nor sunny right now.  There's below freezing temps as far south as Ft Myers.
This snow extends south through Kentucky and Tennessee--there's no way around it.  So, we plan to wait and depart Sunday.  That should give the road crews time to clear the interstates.  I've seen the road crew in action in Louisville.  They have two guys and one pick up truck.  One of the guys drives the truck, while the other sits in the back and spreads salt on the roads from a coffee can.  That's their entire snow removal crew.

I called the TV stations here to see if they would add us to the long list of closing and postponements that stream across the bottom of the screen................"Tom & Pam's Florida trip postponed until Sunday".................right there with "Little Bo Peep Mensa Preschool Closed".  I guess they didn't think we were newsworthy--I haven't seen our announcement yet.

I thought that since we're all packed and stuck here with nothing to do, I might as well test our new snorkeling equipment.  (Did I mention that my bathing suits are packed?)




1 comment:

  1. little early in the year to be showing the BUTT.

    ReplyDelete