October 21, 2008

CRT 12

Tuesday 10-21-08
Yesterday, as we passed by a nice house on Old Hickory, my computer showed a network available. The name of the network was "lake house" So I typed in a password..........lakehouse........and I was online.
Today, I hope to get on a marina's network in Nashville.
Last night, we anchored just upstream of Old Hickory lock. If we do 3 days of 60 miles, we will get back to the Dam Marina Thursday night. We may stop short if we're delayed at one of the two locks.
I got up early this morning and started Jake's generator. It will run the heater on low heat. Not really that cold today, but it takes the chill off.
When we anchor out, I run the generator a few hours in the evening to charge the batteries and run the refrigerator. We also plug in the TV, computer, phone chargers, iPod charger etc.
Roughin' it.
The score so far is Eagles 18, barges 8. That will swing the other way as we go back through the industrial areas around Nashville.
We passed what looked to be a "Dr. Seuss" island. Either that or something from granddaughter Kiera's bedroom wall.

We got to our anchorage early yesterday. Pam sat out on the bow to read, and I sat out back.

That's the farthest apart (25') we've been in over a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment