October 5, 2009

Still Pond


Saturday 9-3-09

It rained overnight, and a little this morning.  Almost enough to wash the salt off the boat.
Mike and Lita listened to the NOAA weather forecast, and decided that this morning might be their best opportunity to return to Ferry Point Marina up the Magothy River.  The forecast was for small craft warnings this afternoon all the way through Monday.  So they left us at first light.


NOAA was wrong about the small craft warnings today.  At least where we are.



I kept hearing a booming noise, and at first thought it might be thunder.  Then, I remembered that we are close Aberdeen Proving Grounds.  They're dropping bombs over there.  (Probably on the boats that wander into the restricted area)

We had a short run up to Still Pond Creek.  After we set the anchor, Grey Goose rafted up, and we went out exploring in the dinghy. 



There's a small Coast Guard station up in Still Pond Creek



I haven't done much fishing, but I knew there were stripers here in the bay.  So I put on my best striper lure, and sure enough.........................................STRIPER !!



I didn't weight this striper, but I don't think it's the largest one I've ever caught.



No comments:

Post a Comment