August 24, 2009

ORE 3

Sunday 8-23-09

We left the raft-up about 10 am, and motored down the western shore of Kentucky Lake. I've been coming here in sailboats for maybe 30 years, but haven't spent much time on the western side because it's so shallow. As we motored along the shore, I saw a house that looked vaguely familiar. I'm pretty sure it's the one my family rented back in the 70's. I had taken a photo of my grandparents back then that's hanging on the wall at home. Rascal the cat walked along the railing.



Dawg and I are still waiting for Rich to arrive, so we anchored in a small cove to spend the night. We played backgammon for a while, and I was the runner up to the world championship. We watched a pair of eagles at the end of the cove for quite a while. I'm sure you'll find them in this photo.





















At the end of the day, a solitary sailboat flying only a spinnaker ghosted by.



















T

No comments:

Post a Comment