August 26, 2009

ORE 6

Still Tuesday
This afternoon, we came to Cave-In-Rock. It's a state park in Illinois. The story is that river pirates ambushed river boats from there.

We got a little closer to shore, and I thought "We've already hit a rock today--why not go on in." So we did.

Dawg jumped off and tied us up.
The cave is larger inside than it appears.

As we were leaving, I was wading along the shore to untie us when I heard an animal making a squealing noise. I looked in the rocks next to me and saw a giant snake with a frog in it's mouth. Upon seeing the snake, and wanting to do all I could to save the frog, I screamed, and jumped up and ran into the water in an effort to scare the snake and make it drop the frog. I'm not sure if my efforts were successful or not. (I could no longer seer the snake from inside the boat.)
We're anchored behind an island just across the river from Cave-In-Rock
T, D, & R

No comments:

Post a Comment