October 10, 2013

Downstream

When we left Chattanooga, Pam couldn't decide which direction she wanted to travel. We started out going upstream, but when we got to the Chickamauga Lock, we turned around.  We had been going 6 mph upstream, and without changing the engine rpms, we went 11 mph downstream.  I think that means there was a 2.5 mph current.  (I'll consult with my grandson when I get home to confirm the math.)

We stopped at a campground that has my favorite kind of docks.  Free. 


There were no showers available in Chattanooga, so we thought we would sneak into the campground bath house and clean up.  On the way to the bath house, we passed the office, and the nice woman came out and told us that the docks were free, but showers cost $3.00 each.  I asked her if Pam and I shared a shower, could I only pay for one.  So $6.00 later, we were clean.

While we were at the dock, we saw these two boats pass by.




The Nina and Pinta.    Really.    http://www.thenina.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment